Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Group Meetings #2

   Welcome back everyone, spring break is right around the corner and I am so excited yet nervous! So yesterday in class, we got into group meetings again. This time it was with different people and around this point in the project, most groups have already filmed or were filming soon.

What Went Down

   When we first got into the meeting, it was really hard to figure out what to say. We started off by explaining the plot of our film openings and after that, the breakout room just stayed silent. Personally, I just thought I had nothing I needed help with. My group had already filmed and we were planning on editing soon so I figured I did not need anything and was just going to help everyone else. When it came to the point where we were to discuss what we needed help with, no one said anything. It was silent until out teacher came in and pointed out that we just needed to think a bit further into what we were going to need. This got the gears to start turning in our heads.

   After feeling more comfortable with the group and thinking about what we need, the conversation and questions started pouring in. One after another, we each followed up with advice, answers, and questions of our own. A few questions those in my group asked were like "Which editing software is the best? Where are you guys getting your songs from? How can I import fonts into my editing software?" Most questions I was able to quickly answer and guide them in the right direction. Since I am in CBTV, the television production club at my school, I knew how to help them. For example, when it came to questions about songs, I recommended Youtube's Audio Library. It provides a selection of copyright free music, give previews to each song, and is easy to download songs. It is also extremely easy to use and navigate as it allows you to choose the mood, genre, duration, and more! I would definitely recommend this to anyone who needs copyright free music. My teacher also popped in around this time and recommended Purple Planet and CHOSIC. I have never used these but I will certainly check them out when I am looking for music choices later this week!

   Once we finished with the questions about our project, we followed into the next assignment that was coming up, the CCR. The CCR, Creative Critical Reflection, is a video we will start to work on soon for the Cambridge Portfolio. Basically we will be discussing what we did for the project, why we did certain things, and more in the video. This is something I will get into next week so it is not much to worry about now but we answered a few questions like "What should it look like? How long should it be?" and more like that.

   The group meetings definitely were worth it in the end and I now know what to expect for the upcoming week. In my next blog post, I will update you guys on our editing progress but for now, I am going to prepare myself for the end of the 3rd quarter. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment