Sunday, March 28, 2021

Taking a Step into CCR Research

   Today is the last day of spring break :(. To wrap up this break, my group and I started diving into the research for our CCR. We have not gotten much research done yet but there are a few points we can knock off the list. 

QUESTIONS 

  1. How does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups or issues?

  1. How does your product engage with audiences and how would it be distributed as a real media text?

  1. How did your production skills develop throughout this project?

  1. How did you integrate technologies - software, hardware and online - in this project?


   Let's begin. To begin, our genre analysis and target audience basic research has already been thought through and expressed in another of my blog post. Our film opening is a post-apocalyptic one and our genre is more inclined for male audience but our main character is a female. We wanted to serve the purpose of using a strong protagonist that was a female which is something that is now being used in media as it was not as common before. Our target audience is most likely teenagers and young adults.

   For the distribution part, we would likely use Youtube and/or Tik Tok as they are convenient and popular among our target audience. Youtube and Tik Tok is something I am extremely familiar with as I run the social medias for our television production club at our school. These sites are also a great way to promote out films and would be best for our distribution methods. If we wanted to go even farther with our distribution, we could also submit to ShortCuts. Beacon TV created ShortCuts to allow film students in Florida to submit their videos to showcase short videos and films. This would be another excellent way to distribute our film opening.

   In terms of production skills, I would discuss on how I learned that communication is key and how important planning is. The phrase communication is key is so overused that people forget just how important it actually is. I would definitely be mention it in my CCR as communication was a struggle for my group and we learned to communicate better with time. Throughout the process of the film opening, I also learned about several new websites what are useful for fonts, music, etc and I learned several new effects and aspects of editing that I did not know of before.

   For how we integrated technology, I would highlight all the different websites we used to storyboard, find music, and more. Throughout the whole process of the film opening, we found several new platforms to plan, write, draw, find sounds, and more. Not only would I discuss this, but I would also mention the equipment the team used and I would go over the issues that went with the filming process.

   In my next few blog posts, you will see the final CCR and the film opening!

No comments:

Post a Comment