Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Fonts

   Since my last blog post, I stated that I was on the search for fonts for our film opening. Being out of town made it difficult to help with the production process so I jumped in with the post production as much as possible. 

   The search for fonts began by first researching other post-apocalyptic films. As stated in my last post, I looked through several different film openings and posters to see what kind of style the genre had fonts. After figuring out a general look for the font, I needed to starting looking for fonts that would best match the opening credits and title screen. I searched through several different websites like Google Fonts, DaFont, Font.com, and more. I was first following the reference of the film Mad Max which has a bold and action type look. I suggest a few ideas with this style, but Logan pointed out that our film opening is more slow-paced. I scraped all the fonts I had in mind and started looking for more a dramatic look. After searching a bit more, I found two fonts that I felt would fit perfectly. My suggestions were for the title, Black Ops One by James Grieshaber, and for the opening credits, Unica One by Eduardo Tunni. I found both of these on Google Fonts. This site was so incredibly easy to use as it has different categories, all different styles of fonts, and it allows you to preview what your specific text would look like. I'm going to give you guys a sneak peak to the font, don't let any of my group mates know!

SHH Secret Reveal


The coloring is just so my team could see the 
fonts better. I put both into Photoshop so everyone could get a good
look at it.

   The adventure I had looking for fonts was definitely a unique one. My group will be meeting up later this week so I will update you guys soon! Until then, I am going to enjoy the rest of my spring break!

No comments:

Post a Comment