Sunday, March 21, 2021

The Search is On

   I have to say, spring break has been so relaxing. Not only am I watching several films I have been wanting to see but I am also taking time for myself and just.. chilling. With all this extra time, we have also been able to start our hunt for fonts that we want for our title and music for the film opening. 

Researching for Fonts

   After pretty much being done with line editing, we started looking for fonts and how we wanted out title to be. I have not dove deep into the search for fonts but I looked at several post-apocalyptic movie posters and openings to see what style they follow. The majority is a bold, elegant yet faded look. A few examples would be:




   Once we continue the search for fonts next week, I will takes all these films into consideration to fit our post-apocalyptic genre.

   After searching for fonts and what we wanted, we moved into music and sound effects. Like I mentioned in another blog, Youtube's Audio Library is extremely useful so we looked through a few of those but it was getting difficult to figure out exactly what everyone wanted. I recommended a few on like Wide boys by Underbelly and Ty Mayer but Logan found one that fits what we want but the problem was we need it to be copyright free. What Logan found: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsJwQjWS48o. After searching for a while, a few tracks we thought would fit our scenes. The first is a dramatic ambience music on Epidemicsound titled "Murmur." The track is titled "Spring Day Forest," on Youtube Audio Library for around the final shots of our film opening. Also, we used Epidemicsound to get sound effects for the passing train, the flashlight, camera noises, and for transitions. 

   That's all I have to say for this blog! I can't wait for you guys to see the final product and next week I will start researching for the CCR. I am off to enjoy the next week of spring break, see you guys later!

No comments:

Post a Comment